Thursday, June 4, 2009

Busy Bee

Really I suck b/c I'm the worst blogger ever! And I'm the worst triathlon trainer so far....and the next week won't be too much better training wise b/c I'm off again to another business trip.

anyways, I have been doing some stuff....spinning twice a week and attempting to run....it's still more like a walk with some running thrown in at this point. I don't know how I'm going to make myself run but I'm going to have to get some major WILL soon.

So my friend who is an exercise sports science guy told me that I really needed to get fit for shoes. So, last week I went to a running store, Fleet Feet, and got "fitted" for shoes. Basically they measure you, then they watch you walk, then they measure some more, draw some marks on your feet with a pen, and then get you a pair of shoes and make you go outside and then they watch you run. Then based on what they see I guess with the first pair, they bring you out a ton of other pairs that fit the profile of what you do when you walk/run, and they are supposed to help you run better by making you more comfortable and hopefully causing less damage to your joints and stuff. I apparently am a crazy over pronat-or...meaning my foot turns and leans in. I can totally feel it happening, especially on my right foot. So I needed a moderate stabilizer for a shoe. Also, I found out I was wearing the totally WRONG size shoe- I have worn a 7.5 forever, sometimes an 8 in some heels....but for running shoes I need an 8.5! My feet are pretty small looking, but really the 8.5 felt SOOOO much better. When I put my 7.5 nikes back on after, I couldn't believe how UNCOMFORTABLE they suddenly felt. So I got a pair of Mizuno running shoes, and they were only $99! I was expecting to pay like $200, so I felt like I got a deal! But if you go get fit, be prepared to be in the store for at least an hour, and to try on like 12 pairs of shoes minimum.

So moving on, A, my friend who is doing the race with me, went to the race site today and found out there's a "trial run" of the swim and run course at the end of July, so I think we're going to drive up and do it. yikes. But at least we'll know where we are....I just wish it was a weekend...it's at 6am on a Friday which is sort of ridic!

I have some more stuff to talk about but it will have to wait b/c there is a spider creating a web on my computer as I type and I"m gonna have to get back up....crap it just fell and I have no idea where it went....and the freak out begins....scuze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment