Monday, January 19, 2009

Day One

Today my goal was to find a pool and go buy a membership. So I decided that of the pools in the area, the Triangle Aquatics Center would be a good fit (close to work, new, clean looking). So I drove over there on the way to my "Get ready for triathlon training Massage" but there was a swim meet. So I chickened out and didn't go in....I forgot that there's no school today and 300 kids would be at the pool...this would deter anyone right? So I'm going tomorrow after work and I'm going to start with a ten-visit pass. ($43). The goal is to go twice a week for the first 5 weeks.

My massage was great by the way, however, I'm officially done with Skin Sense the Day Spa. That's right, I've said this before, but this was the final straw. The steam room was out of order, and when I lamented about this casually to the spa attendant, her response was "Yeah, sucks huh?" Not "let me give you a pass to come back when it's fixed", or "I'm so sorry, can we offer you x y or z?" Nope. So then the massage is great. I get up to the counter to pay after and they tell me it's $80. "Oh, did the prices just go up? It said $75 online" I asked. The girl proceeds to tell me that the therapist used "deep tissue techniques" on me and so that was extra. SINCE WHEN can you charge someone for the upgraded service without asking them if they want it?!? Not that $5 was a big deal, but between this visit, the condition of the locker room the last time I went, and them burning my face at my last facial and then trying to SELL me products to fix what they had done, they are off my list. Next time I'll try The Spa at Preston or return to the oh so luxurious Umstead.

Don't worry I am working out today- teaching spin at 5:30. Might throw a mile on the treadmill in after (walking of course...baby steps).


No comments:

Post a Comment