Monday, March 2, 2009

Another full week

So this week I biked (indoor spin class) twice, swam once and ran once. I also threw in a day of cross training with elliptical training. Swimming is definitely getting easier, especially with my new speedo bathing suit. I did another 4 sets of 10 laps. The first set I swam a 50 yard warm up, then swam every other lap freestyle, alternating with breaststroke. The next set I swam 3 laps of freestyle, followed by one lap of breast stroke. Next set I tried to work on breathing, extending the freestyle laps to breathe every 6 strokes instead of my usual 4. I think it helped with breath control and speed, etc. I'll probably build my distance this coming week, while still throwing in some breathing exercises.

Running was outside, and I think it was about a mile total though I had to stop a bit. Outside running was definitely harder than treadmill running, so I think that I will have to do some running outside to get an accurate feel for how I'm doing. I walked on the way back, so about 2 miles of distance total.

This coming week will be bike tonight, swimming twice and hopefully running twice. May try to throw a second bike in as well b/c I have to learn my new music for my class.

My new bathing suit cost $44 BTW...so pool wise I'm in up to $102 investment (pool pass, goggles, ear plugs, new suit). Still not bad!

While I haven't dropped any weight yet, I can tell a difference in my arms. They looked slightly more toned and I can feel that they are stronger. Presumably this is from the swimming....if only my stomach would start to follow.....

1 comment: