Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I can do it!

So I swam the entire distance- .62 miles WITHOUT STOPPING tonight. That's right. I started out trying to repeat my 20 laps without stopping. When I got to 20, I thought, well let's see if I can do 30. When I got to 30 I thought, only 15 more, let's just see. I did it! 45 laps. And don't worry, the last 10 laps were HARD. I was fighting the urge to stop. And I couldn't do it all freestyle, I threw in a lot of breast stroke so I'm not up to speed yet....but it feels good!

Side note, I was chatting it up with one of my class participants last night, who rides outside. He told me I should start practicing outside b/c I have to get used to falling. FALLING?! I did not even consider this. But, I guess it makes sense. You're clipped into the pedals just like in spin class, except when you're riding a real bike, you've gotta put your foot down at stop lights and stuff....and when you're first getting used to the bike and the clips, sometimes you can't get your foot out fast enough. Great. Falling was not on my list of things to conquer during this journey.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I just did 15 full laps today (with some resting) and it was tough. How do you like the ear plugs? - C

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job! yeah, I hate the earplugs....they make me feel a little claustrophobic underwater. like I can't hear everything like I feel I should be able to and it makes me nervous. And I hate when I am at the end of the lane and someone is asking me when I'm gonna be done or something and I can't hear them b/c the earplug's in my ear. BUT, all of this is better than getting an ear infection I suppose....

    ReplyDelete