Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random mid week status

1) Sunday I tried to run outside and the tops of my toes on my right foot hurt like hell so I only run about .5 mile.....walked the other 1.5.
2) Yesterday I taught my spin class, and ran for 10 minutes after on the treadmill. I will call this a "baby brick" . I've learned from my triathlete research that "bricks" are when you stack two of your sports into one workout- so like doing a medium bike session immediately followed by a medium-length run. Apparently you HAVE to do these to get used to the transitions and putting all three sports together. I haven't figured out just how I will do swim/bike bricks, since my pool isn't really near any good bike routes. I guess when it gets warm I can swim in my mini neighborhood pool and have my bike with me and ride after. Not sure how this will work. But, for my "baby brick" this week, I have to say I was proud b/c a month ago 10 minutes of continuous running was not an option for me, let alone after 55 minutes of spinning.

3) I am REALLY intrigued by P90x. You've seen the Sunday afternoon info-mercials- it's a set of like 12 home fitness DVDs that promises to change your body in 90 days. I've seen the sample workouts, and I can tell you as a former trainer that the system will absolutely work if you follow it and actually stick to the schedule. I think the hard part is sticking to the schedule- it's rigorous. But it's all about muscle confusion, changing your routine constantly, and I KNOW that works for my body type. So, I was thinking that there's no way I could train for the triathlon AND do P90x, but I'm thinking about it. Especially after discovering these blogs of current P90xers. Meg is my old so-ro sister from college- check her out! http://90daystohealthy.blogspot.com/
And- My bro sent me this one today- This chick is not only doing P90x, but ALSO signed up for the SAME triathlon that I am! So, if she can do it, I can do it! Get the debit card ready, I've done my self imposed 24 hour waiting period (I do this when I want something badly but think it might be an impulse buy), and I think I'm doing it. The hubby said he'd get up in the AM and do it with me, and will even buy me a pull up bar for the garage. So...I guess I could do twice a day work outs....we will see, final decision to be made tonight after I teach spin, again.

1 comment:

  1. KIM is awesome - and she's always doing all kinds of crazy things athletic wise to her body. I dunno if I could do 5am yoga though. If you do P90X I'll buy you something shiny. - Kelly

    ReplyDelete